Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sock down

Well i went ahead and did it. I joined a kal. My first. We'll see how it goes. I really like the pattern (Razor Shell Socks from https://mimknits.com/shop/) It was a little complicated at first but after a few rounds i got the hang of it. Not too bad for my 2nd pair of socks. I'm not sure i like the yarn I'm using though. It's a plymouth sockotta self patterning/striping yarn. The colorway seems to have to much white in it to look real good. Oh well. It was the only sock yarn I had on hand(yeah my stash sucks) so i didn't have a lot of options. They are socks and will go on my feet and won't bee seen by too many people so I think will be alright. I'll just have to get more sock yarn on hand(good excuse to go yarn shopping dontcha think?). The only yarn i have in abundance is cotton to make wash/ dishrags. I went a little nuts but they work really well for those teddy bears i have been knitting up. they come in a lot of colors that are interchangable for matching.

No comments: