Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Target is on it's way

There. They are done! They look pretty dangerous, don't they? Actually, they weren't too bad to knit. A lot of people had trouble with the pattern but the only problem I had was figuring out how to do the increase stitch. It was kind of a weird increase that I had never heard of before and I blew it. Thank goodness the Supreme Commander ruled that a M1 was good enough. Other wise I would have had to rip out a sock and a half and I would have been a bit pissy. I could have just sent them to my assasin as is but I wouldhave felt bad having to make her or him frogging the whole works and starting over. As it was it took me 13 days to finish these socks. It's a new record (for me anyway). Yeah I think I'm part turtle.

I started another pair of Monkey Socks by Cookie A.

I just love this pattern!!! It knits really fast and is a brease to memorize. I'm a bit further along than the picture shows but I've been too lazy busy to take a picture. I'm one pattern repeat from the toe decrease. It's available here. I got it (the link to Knitty.com) off of Ravelry. Ravelry can be found here. If you're not on Ravelry you're really missing out. It has lots of patterns, links, help, and just about everything a knitter or crocheter can want.

My SIL was supposed to come up last weekend but she didn't want to put up with my drunken arse got sick. The knitting under the influence has been post poned to this weekend. WOO HOO!!!!!!

A stop to the Yarn shop tomorrow. Not quite a Knit Night but Book Night. I decided to join because the LYSO said it was ok to bring knitting projects with. I also found the June's book for 50 cents at a rummage sale. I thought it was a sign. I have the book about 1/4th read. And it really good. We'll see how it goes. More sock yarn for the stash but of course no pictures (see previous lazy busy comment) I will get pictures before next time.

1 comment:

MadMad said...

Oh, they're gorgeous. I giggled at your "is a breeze to memorize" line, though. I'm probably an idiot (though I have to say I was watching tv at the time and knitting the Monkeys in short spurts) BUT it took me till halfway through the SECOND sock before I was like, "Oh." Duh. Maybe I'm just getting old...