Thursday, April 17, 2008

My First Knit Night

Well I survived my Very First Knit Night! (woo hoo Yea Me!!!!) Only three of us were there due to a retreat put on by the LYS. I wanted to go to the retreat but I couldn't swing it. Hopefully I can make the one in the fall. We got more yapping done that knitting, oh well, we had fun. I didn't buy any yarn because I didn't bring enough money my will power is really great. I did buy a novel though. I can't wait to read it.


I worked on my FIL's socks and got the heel turned. I been working on these socks since Dec. (Yeah hush I know!) They were started AFTER christmas though. I started them for the Jan KAL on Ravlery. But due to having a short attention span I cast on another sock and haven't finished it. I can't blame Second Sock Syndrome either, because I haven't finished the First one. (Heh)


I finished my Monkey socks by Cookie A. I loved knitting up these socks! I knit them in Mountain Colors Bearfoot that I got at my LYS.

They Seemed to knit up really fast until I got to the toe on the second one and I fuged up on the pattern. Some how I got a YO in the wrong spot so I put them in a time out for a couple days set them aside for a bit. I had to RIP my hair out back about 12 rows to fix it. No big deal(read:pain in the arse). At least it wasn't at the top of the cuff. No other new projects to report (read: can't decide what to cast on) just 2 socks for the daughter and her sweater. I did get some Lornas Laces in the mail today. I traded a fellow Ravelry user for it. They will look great when I find a pattern for them.

I also scored some yarn at Bonnie's that I had a pattern for.

The Colors aren't an exact match to the pattern because I can't remember crap anymore didn't have the pattern with me. But I think they will turn out fine. Just one color isn't right. I also have some Lornas Laces on the way in the Black Purl color. I can't wait till that gets here. That's all for now.

No comments: