Friday, January 25, 2008

Gift or Bribe?

Well I got a new project handed to me. Not a real hard one. Just a partially knitted sock. HEH. The sil was up and offered me the leftover sock yarn if I finished the socks. (Good move sil, ya know I'm a sucker for yarn). They are pretty easy, just a basic 2x2 rib basic sock. Nothing like brain surgery.


Pretty yarn too. I think the yarn will make a cute pair of socks for the lil turd. There are nice patterns in SENSATIONAL KNITTED SOCKS by Charlene Schurch. I did a variation on the "Class Sock" for one pair for the lil turd. I cast on 40 instead of 32 and used sock yarn and size one dpns instead of worsted and size 6 dpns. These were done with leftovers from my razor shells.
I tried to knit an afgahn the other day and it didn't work so well. My dumbarse didn't go buy stitch markers. (how dumb am I?) anyway, I messed up on counting the stitch pattern and missed a repeat somewhere and I just frogged the whole thing. I'll re do it after I go get the stitch markers. I'm still trying to get all the lil gadgets and gizmos that help knitting go smoother but evidently have brainfarted this one lil thing or things.

No comments: